What can I do if I was hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver?

If you were injured in an accident in which the other driver left the scene or did not have insurance, you should still be protected as long as you have uninsured motorist coverage. In the state of Florida, insurers are required to offer you this coverage, but you may reject it. If you carry this type of coverage, your own insurance would cover you should you be hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. This coverage also protects you in case the at-fault driver is underinsured (meaning that he or she does have insurance, but not enough to compensate you for your injuries).

Even though you are dealing with your own insurance company in this case, you may still need an attorney. If your insurance company attempts to minimize your claim, a lawyer can assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve. Contact Joyce & Reyes today for a free consultation.

Other FAQs