What are my rights if I am injured in a car accident?

If you suffered a serious injury in a motor vehicle accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be able to obtain compensation from the wrongdoer through the legal process.

Whenever you are in a serious car accident, it is important to gather information from the other driver and any witnesses, report the accident to police and your insurance company, and seek medical attention. Many injuries have symptoms which may not manifest right away.

Drivers have a duty to exercise due care in operating their vehicle. When someone breaches that duty and causes you harm, you may be able to file a lawsuit to get compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills and any lost wages.

The crucial factor is consulting with an attorney who has extensive experience dealing with serious accident cases. At Joyce & Reyes, we offer a free initial consultation to inform you of your rights, and we never charge a fee unless we are successful in obtaining a favorable settlement or verdict for you.

Other Tampa Personal Injury Questions & Answers: