How much is my personal injury lawsuit worth?

The damages that can be recovered in a personal injury lawsuit vary widely based on the nature and extent of the injury.

Catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and vital organ injuries, are associated with long-term effects and disability. People with catastrophic injuries are often entitled to more compensation, designed to address the wide-ranging effects of the injury, while more mild injuries typically receive more limited compensation.

In a personal injury lawsuit, the degree to which each party was responsible for the injury can contribute to the damages that can be recovered. For example, a court may find that in a car accident, one driver was 25 percent responsible and the other was 75 percent responsible. The driver filing a lawsuit would therefore be entitled to compensation for 75 percent of the damages associated with the accident.

A consultation with an attorney is the best way to get an idea of how much your personal injury lawsuit is worth. If you or a loved one has been injured, please contact Joyce & Reyes for a free consultation.

Other FAQs